Saturday, September 16, 2006

With Niece Jayden, Brampton, Canada

Well, I am back on home turf, but still 3000 miles from 'home'. On Sept 16th, I made my way to Toronto, or Brampton specifically (a suburb of Toronto). Time to visit my friends and family, and to finally meet my cute little niece, Jayden. She was already 14 months old by the time I met her. I also got to see my nephew, Spencer, who was approaching his 6th birthday already.

My sister and Marshall graciously let me stay on their couch for a few days between visits to my other friends. But with my parents and Michelle arriving just a day apart (Sept 26th and 27th), there was simply no room for us at the house so we are now camped out at my good friend Mark's apartment since he has somewhat moved in with his girlfriend. It is nice to have our own place for the first time in over 18 months. It is amazing how you miss having your own space and somewhere you can just chill out without someone bothering you, or you bothering them. Being without wheels we spent a lot of time catching up on our movie-watching thanks to our 8-movies-in-1 DVD specials that we bought in Burma for about 1$.

It was wonderful to see my parents again after so long. They decided to visit Brampton during our time here as they head to Mexico every winter and would have been gone by the time Michelle and I made it to Kelowna B.C. We did plenty of family things and even managed to celebrate Spencer's 6th and my 36th birthday with everybody while we were all together. *Stub

No comments: