Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Birthday With Family and With Friends

October 4th was my 36th birthday. I was lucky enough to have my entire immediate family in town to celebrate with. My Mum and Dad were visiting from Kelowna. Of course, my sister Lorraine, brother-in-law Marshall, nephew Spencer and little niece Jayden live in Brampton. We went out to lunch to an all-u-can-eat buffet with roasts, pasta, seafood, salads and desserts! My celebratory lunch was courtesy of my Dad, who had a big surprise sale on E-Bay of an old Indian money order which fetched about $1700 - sweeeet! He had no idea!! It was nice to spend the time with family, although we missed my nephew Spencer, who had to be at school!

In the afternoon, we met up with Sacha and headed down to the Beaconsfield Bar in Toronto. It was great to catch up with old friends Sacha, Mark, Greg, and Kimmy D. All good friends from my high school days at Brampton Centennial. There was also an additional guest - Leigh Wingfield - who I had not spoken with or seen in at least 13 years. Great to catch up. Also good to spend time with new friends - Mark's girlfriend Cathy and her 8 year old son Nathan who spent some time up at the bar by himself, chatting on a Blackberry, ordering Coronas. Kids grow up so fast these days! Plenty of beers of course and a few surprise shooters courtesy of Kimmy D. We managed to spend the night down at her place near High Park, and enjoy a morning with her before getting back to Brampton. Good times. *Stub

No comments: