Tuesday, February 01, 2011

So much time, but no time at all! England

To see our England photos, click here
The Doozers

I won´t get too sentimental, but how great was it to be back in England seeing family and friends? Challenging, juggling everyone, yes, but fantastic all at the same time! (Plus I wish Martin didn´t have so many friends here!)

Anyway, we divided our time between my parents, sister, brother, Martin´s family...and then everyone else. Quite a feat! The good thing is, is that everyone pretty much stays the same and you pick up where you left off. The kids, on the other hand, do change. My nephew and niece, Dylan and Christina, for instance, had grown and grown up so much in just a year and a half since I last saw them, and since Martin had seen them five years ago!

To catch up with other family members and friends, our travels took us to Birmingham, London, Ludlow, Liverpool, Leeds, Oxford, Manchester to name just a few. Some friends, I hadn´t seen some in 5 years or more: friends from primary school, secondary school, university days, my PhD, research work, and even from Portland, Oregon. Thankfully, everyone´s still the same (apart from some have kids now) and it´s sometimes really like I never left. Okay, sorry. I lied when I said I wouldn´t get sentimental. This is Michelle De Sousa talking!

Unfortunately, before we knew it, time had flown by (and there were several people that we didn´t get to see - forgive us), but after 6 weeks, it was time to get our act together and hit the road for our African adventure... by way of Portugal! *Mush

No comments: