Saturday, December 03, 2005

Thai Massage, Chiang Mai, Thailand

On our last day all together, we fit in a few more shops and a massage before Pat and Jules headed back down south to fly back to Australia. Pat and I had a light Swedish Oil massage, while Jules and Martin had a Thai massage. We were enthralled as we watched the last 20 minutes of Martin's : it looked horrendously painful - the girl was walking on his back and his legs with her knees, and then pulling him into all sorts of contortions!! Martin said it was the best Thai massage he'd ever had. Crazy!

That evening we bid a sad farewell to my two shopping buddies, Jules and Pat. Martin and I thought we were in for a chill-out evening, but some people from our guesthouse dragged us out for refreshments. Nothing super special there I know, but I have to tell you about our amazing burger that we had at 3 in the morning... It was at a little stand-up diner called Mike's and apparently his motto is he's 'trying to convert vegetarians'... well I think he certainly could with these burgers.. It was the best one I'd had since Portland (didn't eat any in England). The succulent beef and the sauteed onions were absolutely delicious! Mmmm. Just talking about it now is making my mouth water all over again! It's funny what you miss when you are away from home for a long time. * Mush

No comments: