Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Making Pancakes, East Railay Beach, Thailand


Making Pancakes
Originally uploaded by Martin Callum.
Saa, our friendly neighbourhood pancake maker at our restaurant, let me make my own banana and chocolate pancake. I started with a pre-made little round ball of dough and then had to flip it in the air for 2-3 minutes until it was nice and big. Then after laying it carefully on the big flat pan to cook, I chopped banana on to it folding it over on itself and followed that with a good dousing of chocolate sauce. It was a lot of fun and Saa reckoned I hadn't done a bad job and he let me have it for free! But, most of the Thai's got a good laugh out of it! * Mush

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was eating dinner right behind you while you made that pancake — glad it turned out OK! Saa definitely is the roti king.
Hope you guys are having a great rest of your journey. I'm unfortunately back at work (Tokyo), but loved Railay so much I might go back next month.