Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris, France


Notre Dame
Originally uploaded by Martin Callum.
At the end of a day that started with yet another vaccination shot (this one for rabies, or as the French call it 'RAGE'), we finished at Notre Dame. I left Michelle in the Musee d'Orsay as I couldn't keep up with her, and I took a boat ride along the River Seine. It is a different view from the water, and quite relaxing. Very interesting to see all the architecture and of course the famous sights and buildings.
Managed to get a little sunburnt as Paris is still in a heatwave, but forgot that I had a band-aid on my arm. So now I have a tattoo!!!
Notre Dame is a fantastic building, with gargoyles on every corner looking down. Also the buttresses really make the look on the rear of the building as shown. I found the interior to be quite dark though. My search for Quasimodo came up empty though.
A final walk around the Latin Quarter and all it's tiny streets and out-of-the-way little shops, before coming home to another cool shower! *Stub

No comments: